Serial leaker Nokishita Camera has published the specs of a long-rumoured Zeiss Otus 1,4/100 for Canon EF and Nikon F-mount bodies. Besides the already mentioned focal length and high-speed f/1.4 maximum aperture, the specifications leaked include:
- Mount: ZE (for Canon EF), ZF.2 (for Nikon F)
- Lens construction: 11 groups 14 elements
- Minimum focusing distance: 1.0m
- Maximum magnification: 1: 8.6
- Filter size: 86mm
- Maximum diameter: 100.7mm
- Focus ring diameter: 90.0mm
- Length (including the lens cap): ZE: 152.3mm ZF.2: 150.1mm
- Length (not including the lens cap): ZE: 128.8mm ZF.2: 126.5mm
- Weight: ZE: 1405g ZF.2: 1336g
Following the 28, 55 and 85 mm models released so far, the 100mm lens will be the fourth in the series when it finally arrives. It was expected to be announced in time for Photokina 2018 but for some reason best known to Zeiss it was put on hold, with some photo-industry pundits claiming that the timing clashed with the announcements for the Canon RF and Nikon Z systems.
Whatever the real reasons were behind the delay, the fact that one large photography web site has picked up on the rumour must surely mean an announcement is imminent.
Source: Nokishita Camera