Capture One A/S announced the latest update to Capture One 21 this week. This is a major update and likely the last before version 22 is released, which is expected in December. The full list of improvements can be seen in the release notes below.
Besides bringing back the Exporter tools in the main window, performance improvements and a new Easy Magic Brush tool, the new update (14.4) adds RAW support for the recently introduced Fujifilm GFX 50S II and Nikon Z fc.
Capture One finally adds support for the 2014 Pentax 645Z medium format camera, which uses the same sensor as the P1 IQ250 and Hasselblad H5 50Dc DBs. There’s still no support for the latter, however.
Capture One 21 can be downloaded and used for free with full functionality for 30 days from the official online site (no card details are necessary but setting up an account is required).
Capture One are offering 10% off licenses and upgrades and subscriptions currently, and if you buy a full license of version 21 you’ll be upgraded to version 22 for free when it’s launched later in the year. If you have a current subscription, of course, you’ll automatically be upgraded anyway.
CONTENT OF RELEASE
- Sigma tethering: Tethering support for Sigma fp and Sigma fp L.
- Password protection for Capture One Live: Adds the option to protect sharing sessions with a password.
Changes and improvements
- Changes to Export workflow: Brings back the option to place Exporter Tools in the main window of Capture One, including adding the Exporter Tool Tab.
- Improved Catalog performance: Collections now load up to 600% faster on Windows and 300% faster on Mac. Please note, this does not improve loading/opening the Catalog itself.
- Easy Magic Brush adjusting: Adds the shortcut actions to resize and change other parameters currently implemented for the Adjustment and Heal/Clone Brushes to the Magic Brush.
- Fujifilm tethering improvements: Allows changing parameters of camera settings while in LiveView.
- Added support for MacOS Big Sur (11.6)
CAMERA AND LENS SUPPORT
- Fujifilm GFX 50S II
- Nikon Z fc
- Olympus Pen E-P7
- Pentax 645Z
- Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art (Sony E)
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG DN Art (Sony E)
- Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN MACRO Art (Sony E)
- Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN (Sony E)
- Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM + 1.4x III